Wednesday 11 April 2012

Leaving Canada

This is the second time in two years that my wife and I have sold up and moved our lives to another continent. First we moved from the UK to Canada where I got a job with Relic. I worked on, and shipped Space Marine   then moved on to an unannounced title. Along the way I made some good friends, did a copious amount of snowboarding, we had a wonderful baby boy, saw a bear, and many more amazing things too numerous to mention.

It was sad for me to quit my job and move back to the UK. I will miss the great city of Vancouver and the beauty of British Columbia that it sits in, but I'm not going to dwell on these things.

Along the way I absorbed some of the wonderful positive feelings and attitude that seems to be prevalent in Canada. A great attitude to have which sometimes seemed very alien to a cynical Brit! We eventually had to move back to the UK for family reasons, but I know that the 2 years I spent in Canada has given me the confidence to take a risk and follow through with something I truly believe in. So stay tuned for some exciting news!

Footnote: Sorry to hear about the layoffs at Relic recently. In a city with such a thriving games industry I know people will be fine and I'm excited to see the new studios that are going to pop up to take on this rapidly changing marketplace!

No comments:

Post a Comment